E-magination
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

~ S'évader de la banalité... Et entrer dans l'imaginaire ! ~

AccueilGuelnika, le site de E-m !ChatDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Ordinateur portable ASUS Chromebook Vibe CX34 Flip
399 € 649 €
Voir le deal

RPG Paper Maker

+11
Floya
KoZzY
Falco
AristA
Choco-sama
Linky439
Slump
Dragongaze13
Relm
Shakuras
Wanoklox
15 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Wanoklox
Maker Lv 5
Maker Lv 5

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDim 06 Déc 2015, 21:24

http://rpgmaker.net/games/8053/blog/15761/

Devlog - December 6th 2015 :

- New tutorials : (LINK OF ALL TUTORIALS HERE)

Citation :
V- Manage languages
Citation :
6) Use a text field language

First, what is a text field language ? This is a simple text field with a flag on the right like this :

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 20

"I want to have a different text for each language!" :

Click on the flag, this will open a new window :

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 21

"I want to have the same text for ALL my languages!" :

Double click or press enter on the field, this will open a new window :

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 22

Citation :
7) Display/Set all the texts using a text field language

If you are not sure all your texts are translated, you can take a look on the "Display texts" into the languages manager, this will open a new window where you can see and set all your text field languages :

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 23

Citation :
III- Map editor
Citation :
2) Save your progress

On the toobar, press the "save" button. You can know the saving status with this icon :

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 24

Citation :
3) Show/Hide grid

Press G or click on "Options > Grid" in the toolbar.

Citation :
4) Move the camera position

Press W, A, S, or D.

Citation :
5) Set the camera orientation

Press your wheel mouse and move your mouse in the same time. Release your mouse when you want to stop moving.

Citation :
7) Draw with the mouse or cursor

Mouse :

Just left click on a square to apply what you want :

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 25

Cursor :

Press Space when you want to apply something where your cursor is.

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 26

Citation :
8) Draw floors

By default, this is your first drawing mode. If you want the floors to be your drawing mode, click here :

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 27

After that, select the texture you want to apply here :

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 28

After this, you can draw.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

- Languages manager finished
- Ray casting working well
- Application for floors with ray casting (flat ground)
- Console
- Working on 3D render

Console :

If you already used RMXP or higher version with scripts, I found two kind of problems (tell me if I just went wrong with the engine) :

- The script editor : it's considered as a "dialog box", you HAVE to confirm your code and to close the window if you want to test your game. I think it's horrible when you want get back to you previous code by pressing CTRL+Z because your test revealed that your new code sucks, you just can't ! So, I will create a window with two buttons : "ok" to confirm (save) code, and "close" to close the window, and this window don't have to be closed if you want to test your game.

- The print command : you know the 'p "blabla" or print "Hello world!" opening a new dialog box. I found this horrible for testing... and I didn't find any way to display a console or something else.

Well ! I created my own console to display any text/object you want to see in real time, and without stopping your program. You can choose on the options if you want to display the console or not.

For example, this portion of code :

Code:
p $game_map
p "Hello world!"

Will write this :

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Console-4da959d

But I kept a function to have the same RPG Maker XP result (because it's usefull too) :

Code:
print "Yosh!"

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Print-4da95e0

Pause the program, continue when you close the window

Note that I didn't seriously use any RPG maker after XP, I dunno if they improved it.

Mouse picking progress :

If you don't already know, I'm actually doing a remake of all the way I'm displaying/editing a map. I'm finding a correct way to be able to manage a 5000x5000 squares map by using ray casting. It's working well for floors, and this is much much better than before !

I've made a FRENCH tutorial for ray casting with ruby/openGL here : http://retrorender.net/ray-casting-en-ruby-opengl-ou-pointe-ma-souris-partie-1/#more-75

I will make an english tutorial especially for the RPG Paper Maker source code.

Overview :

In a previous blog, I wanted to put a map overview like this :

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Edit5-4c70772

But just forget it. Instead of this, I'll put a 3D render of the map, a simple image of your last save. I think it's better, because nobody would use the 2D overview. I don't have any image of my works to present you (this is not still working well, I've got some problems and it wasted all my f****** day).
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
AristA
Maker qui quitte vraiment E-m Lv 60
AristA

MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDim 06 Déc 2015, 23:20

Bravo pour le raycasting ! C'est la première fois que je propose une idée et qu'elle est écoutée, c'est le plus beau jour de ma vie Crying or Very sad

Tu avances bien, continue comme ça Wink
http://arista.lescigales.org
Wanoklox
Maker Lv 5
Maker Lv 5
Wanoklox

MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeLun 07 Déc 2015, 15:08

Merci ! Pour un logiciel (plus qu'un jeu je pense) c'est primordial d'écouter les conseils et d'avoir un retour permanent de toutes les nouvelles fonctionnalités ! :p
Lenwe
RTP de base Lv 1
RTP de base Lv 1
Lenwe

MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMar 08 Déc 2015, 00:17

Wahou!!! C'est un projet énorme (dans les deux sens^^) je te souhaite bien du courage, je suivrais ça de près !
Je sais que c'est presque un message pour rien dire mais si ça peut motiver et encourager tant mieux ^^
Wanoklox
Maker Lv 5
Maker Lv 5
Wanoklox

MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDim 17 Jan 2016, 22:36

Heyy désolée pour la longue absence, j'étais en période d'exams tendue donc j'ai du mettre en pause quelques semaine. De retour pour quelques news. (toujours en anglais)

Devlog - January 18th 2016 :

Citation :
II- Manage maps
Citation :
8) Delete a map

Right-click on a map and select "Delete map" (or on the map toolbar button). You can also press "delete" key. A warning window will be opened each time you try to delete something.

Citation :
III- Map editor
Citation :
8) Set your height

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 29

Hover over this icon on the right of the toolbar. You can increase/descrease these two values by using your scroll wheel.

- The first item is the height according to your square size. For example, if you squares are 16 pixels sized and your value is 1, you'll be at 1*16 = 16 pixels height. Range : -9999 to 9999.
- The second item is a real pixels adding to the first item. For example, if the value is 4 with the first example, you'll have a 16 + 4 = 20 pixels height. Range : 0 to (square_size -1).

Citation :
9) Set your drawing mode

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 30

Hover over this icon on the right of the toolbar and select one of these items :

-Pencil : draw simples points/lines (see draw floors)
-Rectangle : draw rectangles (drag & drop) (TODO)
-Paint can : draw over all the textures you selected

--------------------------------------------------------------------

- Starting a winter tileset
- Preview item OK
- Grid height can be changed
- Improvements in editor code
- Pencil and tin
- Delete a floor

Preview item :

In my last blog, I worked with my map editor with ray casting. I got a preview item available working for my floors :

Spoiler:

This should work well for autotiles and water too, I'm gonna do this for next week. I Got a lot of problems with that simple feature.. ! Very Happy

Drawing mode :

I added this part on my tutorials (see on top). I have done the classic pencil, and the paint can :

Spoiler:

But this will only set the textures in the chunks displayed (hidden items (too far) cannot be edited).

Set height :

See the tutorials part for more details.

Spoiler:

Well I'm trully happy to see that my new way to display and too get the mouse pick is working well. It's mainly running at 50 FPS when drawing, 60 FPS while only watching your fantastic creation. I think that the next blog will be posted for the next week.

Dernière édition par Wanoklox le Lun 18 Jan 2016, 00:55, édité 1 fois
AristA
AristA

MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDim 17 Jan 2016, 22:55

Hello Wano !

Great news you've got here. And it's always a pleasure for me to read your blog posts. You were surely really overwhelmed recently with the exams, the partiels.

I'm glad you've achieved what you wanted to do concerning the raycasting (I feel so proud that I was one of those, who suggested that you could come up with another trick to manage the map's drawing lapin snif)

The paintbucket tool looks cool. I guess you made it work only on the current chunk so that the whole map isn't painted everytime someone missclick ?

However, my small notebook has got some trouble loading the big gifs that you post here. Could you please put them into spoilers ? I'd appreciate a lot cactus smile

Carry on with the good job ! hello
http://arista.lescigales.org
Wanoklox
Maker Lv 5
Maker Lv 5
Wanoklox

MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeLun 18 Jan 2016, 00:53

L'anglais c'est pour se moquer de ma flemme de traduire / mon orthographe ? Crying or Very sad

Arista a écrit:
The paintbucket tool looks cool. I guess you made it work only on the current chunk so that the whole map isn't painted everytime someone missclick ?
Réponse a écrit:
But this will only set the textures in the chunks displayed (hidden items (too far) cannot be edited).

Merci encore pour le soutien, et désolée pour ces gifs j'ai pas pensé à la lourdeur, effectivement !
OmegaBowser
Giga Maker Lv 21
Giga Maker Lv 21
OmegaBowser

MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeLun 18 Jan 2016, 09:55

C'est excellent ! cactus smile

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 1523564812-untitled
http://www.supermariogravity.net
Wanoklox
Maker Lv 5
Maker Lv 5
Wanoklox

MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDim 24 Jan 2016, 23:41

Merci encore. :3

http://rpgmaker.net/games/8053/blog/16077/

Devlog - January 24th 2016 :

Citation :
III- Map editor
Citation :
6) Cancel an action

Press CTRL+Z or click on "Options > Cancel" in the toolbar (you can cancel 20 actions max).

Citation :
7) Redo an action

Press CTRL+Y or click on "Options > Redo" in the toolbar (you can redo 20 actions max).

Citation :
9) Delete with the mouse or cursor

Mouse :

Just right click on a square to delete what you want (be sure you are in the right section).

Cursor :

Press delete key when you want to delete something where your cursor is.

Citation :
13) Delete floors

Be sure that you are in the "floor" section, and delete (see "Delete with the mouse and cursor" before).

Citation :
------------------Done list------------------

-Bug with pen corrected (can now erase a floor)
-Deleting with keyboard managed too
-Loading bar when creating a new project (can be used for over kinds of loadings)
-Logo image displayed when starting the engine
-Bug with cancel (preview item saved) corrected
-Cancel system
-Redo system combo

Spoiler:

-Paint can : working for a big sized tile selection

Spoiler:

-Worked on rectangle drawing, but got many problems for the preview. So this will be finished for the next week.

How to draw/delete elements :

Drawing elements :

This depends on you grid position that you can modify here :

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 29

When you are drawing a floor or any other object with your mouse, this will always be according to where your mouse is pointing on (at the height of your grid). So if there is another object between your grid and your camera, it will be ignored.

Deleting elements :

When deleting, be carefull on your section mode. If you are on "floors" section, this will only delete "floors" elements, "sprites" section will only delete "sprites" elements, etc. Plus, you'll delete the first object in your section mode that your mouse is pointing on. So this is not depending on grid in that case.

When using cursor :

If you are drawing or deleting, this will always be according to your cursor position (so to the height of your grid too).
AlexRE
Admin trop trizo Lv 65
Admin trop trizo Lv 65
AlexRE

MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeLun 25 Jan 2016, 01:29

Merci de continuer à nous tenir au courant.

Plein de petites améliorations hyper utiles pour les game makers !

J'ai pas trop suivi : as-tu déjà sorti une version ? Est-ce que des gens l'utilisent ? Est-ce que tu travailles toujours sur ton jeu en parallèle ?

http://www.alexzone.net
OmegaBowser
Giga Maker Lv 21
Giga Maker Lv 21
OmegaBowser

MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeLun 25 Jan 2016, 09:53

Je vais pas être original et me répéter, mais bon c'est le fond de ma pensée. :p

C'est super !
Continue comme ça. cactus smile

RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 1523564812-untitled
http://www.supermariogravity.net
Wanoklox
Maker Lv 5
Maker Lv 5
Wanoklox

MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeLun 25 Jan 2016, 23:26

Bah ça fait plaisir et ça remonte le morale sous cette masse de boulot t'inquiète pas. cheers

Citation :
as-tu déjà sorti une version ?
Non, mais une démo est prévue. Mais bon j'ai beaucoup de retard et j'espère la sortir dans moins de 2 mois. J'ai pas envie de sortir un truc tout bugué et donner un mauvais avant-goût du logiciel. xD

Citation :
Est-ce que tu travailles toujours sur ton jeu en parallèle ?
Non, j'attends que le logiciel soit terminé pour l'utiliser à mes propres fins ! Tchou tchou !
Wanoklox
Maker Lv 5
Maker Lv 5
Wanoklox

MessageSujet: Re: RPG Paper Maker   RPG Paper Maker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDim 07 Fév 2016, 22:16

Je suis trèèèès contente de vous annoncer que la démo va enfin sortir entre Mars et Avril ! Maintenant j'ai juste besoin de bénévoles pour les tests alpha.

Comment s'inscrire pour les tests alpha :

Si vous voulez m'aider à corriger des bogues, vous devez m'envoyer un email avec le sujet "ALPHA INSCRIPTIONS" à :

Citation :
Wanok.rpm@gmail.com

Vous pouvez y indiquer (optionnel mais utile)

-Votre nom (ou pseudo)
-Votre version de windows
-Votre processeur (fréquence)
-Votre RAM
-Votre carte graphique

Quand la version alpha sera prête, vous recevrez un email à votre addresse et vous pourrez présenter votre rapport ici. Les utilisateurs de Linus et Mac ne peuvent pas tester (malheureusement, la version finale devrait être uniquement disponible pour Windows).

Contenu de la démo :

-Principalement l'éditeur de map (sans événements)
-Création de projets
-Création illimitée de maps
-Pas de BDD
-Vous pouvez essayer d'utiliser vos propres tilesets pour voir si vos maps seront classes